There are many benefits to using custom video thumbnail images. This article summarizes the benefits to using custom video thumbnail images. It also reveals the method I use to Take Video Campaigns to A Whole New Level.
Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of pictures, used to help in recognizing and organizing Internet images, serving the same role for images as a normal text index does for words.
Why use custom video thumbnail images on every VIDEO?
- 90% of the best-performing videos on YouTube have custom thumbnails.
- Video thumbnail images are the first thing viewers see.
- A good thumbnail = more views.
- Custom video thumbnail images create a first impression which (hopefully) encourages viewers to click to play!
To learn more, watch this YouTube Help Video: How to use thumbnails on YouTube
- open the video & take a screenshot
- make sure it is high resolution (1280 x 720)
- it should be clear & easy to read at a smaller size
- use an intriguing image (one which visually describes the video)
WHERE AND HOW TO USE A CUSTOM VIDEO THUMBNAIL
- Add to YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion
- When you share, the custom thumbnail automatically shows in your post
- Is your website on Wordpress? Use these instructions for using a custom video thumbnail image.
Take Social Video Campaigns to A Whole New Level
When creating your thumbnail, create 2-3 MORE!
Most videos communicate more than just one idea. In fact, it is estimated that ONE minute of VIDEO is WORTH 1.8 million words! And, using video in marketing campaigns increases response rates exponentially. Viewers respond to different messages throughout a video. So, why not promote that video using different posts for each of its main messages? Similarly, results are be increased by adding unique video thumbnail images to your social media posts.
Automation tools for social media like Buffer now schedule a campaign of posts for weeks into the future.
Prescheduled social media posts are more effective when each post ALSO varies thumbnail images. You can also use separate, distinct messages such as the benefits and/or features of the product or service presented in the video!
Using custom video thumbnail images when scheduling posts to share videos now avoids looking spammy. Better, video views and campaign response rates are increased !